Jaime Alguersuari Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Alguersuari gets nod for Hungary debut

Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Alguersuari gets nod for Hungary debut Empty Alguersuari gets nod for Hungary debut

Post by Avi Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:33 am

Alguersuari gets nod for Hungary debut

By Jonathan Noble
    Monday, July 13th 2009, 09:54 GMT

Jaime Alguersuari will become the youngest Formula 1 driver in history when he makes his debut for the Scuderia Toro Rosso team as replacement for Sebastien Bourdais at the Hungarian Grand Prix, AUTOSPORT has learned.

Following a weekend of speculation about Bourdais' future, on the back of a disappointing first half to the campaign, Toro Rosso is expected to confirm within the next 48 hours that it has decided to part company with the Frenchman.

And although the team has decided that reigning British F3 champion Alguersuari will be slotted into the seat alongside Sebastien Buemi, an announcement confirming the plan is not expected until after the Spaniard has finished competing in this weekend's World Series by Renault race at Le Mans.

Toro Rosso has decided to give the youngster the race opportunity in spite of his lack of experience as it is the only way for him to gain experience in preparation for a full season in 2010, due to the in-season testing ban. The team has so far declined to comment on the situation.

There are also suggestions that Alguersuari's step up is being eased by Spanish oil company Repsol, who are personal backers of the youngster and are poised to tie-up a deal with Toro Rosso.

Alguersuari's step-up means he will make his debut at the age of 19 years and 125 days. It beats the previous record of 19 years and 182 days held by Mike Thackwell, who drove for Tyrrell in Canada 1980 - although was officially a non-starter after a first-lap red flag.

The next youngest driver was Ricardo Rodriguez, who raced for Ferrari at the 1961 Italian Grand Prix aged 19 years and 208 days.

Despite Alguersuari's promotion to the race seat, Sebastien Loeb remains linked with a switch to F1 with Toro Rosso once his commitments in the world rally championship are finished this season.

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76945
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Alguersuari gets nod for Hungary debut Empty Re: Alguersuari gets nod for Hungary debut

Post by Avi Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:46 am

Next article on Jaime

'Alguersuari to replace Bourdais at STR'
    13 July 2009

Reports suggest that Spain's Jaime Alguersuari will be replacing Sébastien Bourdais at the Toro Rosso team for the remainder of the 2009 season. Much rumoured over past weeks, the switch would see the reigning British Formula 3 Champion become the youngest ever F1 driver at next weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix.

With another poor race for Bourdais ending with retirement and a sombre handshake with Toro Rosso technical director Giorgio Ascanelli at the Nürburgring, the recent gossip is seeming more likely to now be fact with Monday reports suggesting that the Frenchman will indeed be replaced and has therefore driven his in last F1 Grand Prix of the season.

"He's a very good driver," Alguersuari told Associated Press of Bourdais, "but it looks like this year he hasn't given it his all like he's supposed to; I sincerely believe that Red Bull's decision is just but it's never good to see someone taken out of a team halfway through the season."

At 19 years, 4 months and 3 days, Jaime Alguersuari is poised to remove the 1980 record from Tyrrell driver Mike Thackwell as being the youngest ever Formula One driver since the championship's inauguration in 1950. As part of Red Bull's young driver development programme, Barcelona-born Jaime - translating to 'James' - replaced Kiwi Brendon Hartley as reserve driver on 1 July.

Reports on Monday from Autosport also put forward the possibility that Spanish oil and gas company Repsol, a personal sponsor of Alguersuari, could be linking up with the Toro Rosso team next year.

Source: http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/07/13/alguersuari-to-replace-bourdais-at-str/
    Daphne
    Daphne
    Admin

Virgo Horse

Alguersuari gets nod for Hungary debut Empty Re: Alguersuari gets nod for Hungary debut

Post by Daphne Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:32 am

Good news! I'm really hoping Razz Fingers crossed for Jaime :bounce2: vamos
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:01 am

Yeah that's amazing news and I'm sooooo happy!!! :cute: :cute: :cute: run run run yahoo yahoo yahoo
    And right now we should just support Jaime!!! :spain2: :spain2: :spain2: :go: :go: :go: cmon cmon cmon
    VAMOS JAIME!!!! vamos vamos vamos
    Daphne
    Daphne
    Admin

Virgo Horse

Post by Daphne Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:28 am

I can only agree with you :clap3:
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:53 am

I guess the next race will be veeeery exciting for us!!! lol! lol! lol! I just hope I won't get a heart attack! lol! lol! lol!
    Daphne
    Daphne
    Admin

Virgo Horse

Post by Daphne Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:51 am

I not allow you to get a heart attack! Then who will lead this forum! Hey! Jaime deserves this forum so please don't die too early Razz :lol2:
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:10 pm

Daphne wrote:I not allow you to get a heart attack! Then who will lead this forum! Hey! Jaime deserves this forum so please don't die too early Razz :lol2:

I guess it does not depend on me lol! lol! lol! But that's why I should set you as a second admin or at least mod! of course if you want! Very Happy Cause I can die veery soon in reaction on Jaime's successes lol! lol! lol! And then this forum needs sb to take care of it! lol! lol! lol!
    Daphne
    Daphne
    Admin

Virgo Horse

Post by Daphne Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Avi wrote:I guess it does not depend on me lol! lol! lol! But that's why I should set you as a second admin or at least mod! of course if you want! Very Happy Cause I can die veery soon in reaction on Jaime's successes lol! lol! lol! And then this forum needs sb to take care of it! lol! lol! lol!

Haha I won't be an only admin or mod! That's not funny... Razz And as I already mentioned you are NOT allowed to die! Just imagine how Jaime would feel if he got to know that you died because of him! Laughing Please don't hurt his feelings haha Laughing Laughing Laughing
    And what's more, if you die now, you won't be able to follow his career and successes Razz Does it worth dieing? Razz
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:28 am

Daphne wrote:
    Haha I won't be an only admin or mod! That's not funny... Razz And as I already mentioned you are NOT allowed to die! Just imagine how Jaime would feel if he got to know that you died because of him! Laughing Please don't hurt his feelings haha Laughing Laughing Laughing
    And what's more, if you die now, you won't be able to follow his career and successes Razz Does it worth dieing? Razz

You're right I can't miss to see Jaime's future successes! lol! And I can't leave you alone here! lol! I'll wait till there'll be more people here! lol!

Btw, congrats Daphne now you've got Admin rank and mods rights not only in case of my death lol! but also for everything you do for this forum!! You're like a second mother of it! Very Happy
    Daphne
    Daphne
    Admin

Virgo Horse

Post by Daphne Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:42 am

OMG Avi!!! I'm sooooo grateful!!! Thanks you very much! Very Happy But I didn't do much for this forum yet... I'm only trying. But I'm really grateful Smile I try to help you Smile
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:43 am

Daphne wrote:OMG Avi!!! I'm sooooo grateful!!! Thanks you very much! Very Happy But I didn't do much for this forum yet... I'm only trying. But I'm really grateful Smile I try to help you Smile

You're welcome Daphne!Smile And you did a lot!Smile You are active all the time although right now it's still pretty empty here! So you definetly are a second mother of this forum!!! Very Happy

Btw, I love your new signature!!!!! It's gorgeous!!!!!! :cutie3: :cutie3: :cutie3: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luva2: :luva2: :luva2:
    Daphne
    Daphne
    Admin

Virgo Horse

Post by Daphne Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:23 am

Avi wrote:You're welcome Daphne!Smile And you did a lot!Smile You are active all the time although right now it's still pretty empty here! So you definetly are a second mother of this forum!!! Very Happy

Btw, I love your new signature!!!!! It's gorgeous!!!!!! :cutie3: :cutie3: :cutie3: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luva2: :luva2: :luva2:

Hehe thanks a lot Very Happy For everything Razz
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:10 pm

Daphne wrote:
    Avi wrote:You're welcome Daphne!Smile And you did a lot!Smile You are active all the time although right now it's still pretty empty here! So you definetly are a second mother of this forum!!! Very Happy

Hehe thanks a lot Very Happy For everything Razz

You're welcome Daphne but you really deserve on it! Very Happy
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:30 am

This is what we were waiting for! So it's officially confirmed now!!! :jump: :cute:

Alguersuari to race for Toro Rosso (source: www.formula1.com )

Toro Rosso have announced that Red Bull reserve driver Jaime Alguersuari will race for the team at this weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix and for the rest of the 2009 season. Alguersuari replaces Sebastien Bourdais, who parted company with the Italian squad last week.

At 19, the Spaniard will become the youngest-ever driver in the 59-year history of the Formula One world championship when he takes to the track at Budapest’s Hungaroring.

“I would like to thank Red Bull for giving me this great opportunity to race in Formula One,” he said. “Ever since I started racing this has been my dream and thanks to the Red Bull Junior Programme I will now realise my ambition of lining up on a Grand Prix grid.

“I am aware that I’m facing a very tough challenge, because coming into Formula One is never easy, coming into Formula One in the middle of a season is even harder and doing so without any testing is really difficult. But already I feel that I am getting great support from the team, who have quite a reputation for looking after rookie drivers.”

Born in Barcelona, Alguersuari is the reigning British Formula Three champion and was competing in the World Series by Renault championship this year before being called on to make his Formula One debut.

Over the past few years he as made his way through the ranks of Red Bull’s young driver programme and, as a result, already knows Sebastien Buemi, his new team mate at Toro Rosso, well.

Explaining his choice of driver, team principal Franz Tost said: “Red Bull’s stated aim for Toro Rosso is that, when possible, it should be used to provide a seat for products of its young driver programme. We therefore chose Alguersuari as the most mature driver currently in the programme.

“I am well aware that over the next few months the team and Jaime will face a major challenge, especially because of the testing ban. But Red Bull is always ready for a new challenge. I do not expect anything from him for at least his first three races, during which he has to get used to the car, the team and to the Formula One environment.”
    Daphne
    Daphne
    Admin

Virgo Horse

Post by Daphne Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:20 am

I was also expecting it Razz But this is official... I hope Hungary will bring him luck Very Happy
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:59 am

Hungarian GP press conf schedule
    Wednesday 22nd July 2009

New Toro Rosso driver Jaime Alguersuari will be among those who field questions at Thurday's FIA press conference in Budapest.

All times are local (Budapest is GMT+2)

Thursday, July 23 15h00:
    Jaime Alguersuari (Toro Ross)
    Robert Kubica (BMW)
    Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)
    Mark Webber (Red Bull)

Friday, July 24 16h00:Stefano Domenicali (Ferrari)
    Norbert Haug (Mercedes)
    Christian Horner (Red Bull)
    Franz Tost (Toro Rosso)

Saturday, July 25 - post qualifying: Three fastest drivers from qualifying.

Sunday, July 26 - post race: First three finishing drivers.
    Daphne
    Daphne
    Admin

Virgo Horse

Post by Daphne Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:02 am

I really like this schedule Razz But I would change Kubica for Nick and Webber for Seb and then it would be PERFECT Razz
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:56 am

Margaret
    Margaret

Taurus Cat

Post by Margaret Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:53 am

He sounds very confident and completely unfazed by all the fuss about him. Cool

I think it might have been better for some of the other drivers to keep their doubts about him to themselves. I'm sure he'll do fine, maybe the others are a bit scared that he'll be quicker than them in quali!! Very Happy
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:03 am

I guess it won't be so easy Margaret but I'm proud of him anyway. He seems to be confident of himself but not cheeky (as our "fav" driver Margaret hehehe lol!) and he didn't get upset after all the negative words he heard....he just does he job without commenting all the quotes.

Btw, do u think Jaime was as dangerous as some other drivers thought he can be?? Okay at the beginning maybe he was not so self confident...but every lap made him more and more confident driver.
    Anyway Massa was out of the track not once Razz Buemi too (as always Razz).
    Margaret
    Margaret

Taurus Cat

Post by Margaret Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:18 am

I didn't watch all of it I had to help Mum hang some pictures up in the living room so I could only see it now and again, but he seemed OK to me! I'm not aware of anything dangerous he did on track, I don't know of any drivers saying he was unsafe on track, only that they were saying he could be dangerous before they'd given him chance to prove otherwise!!
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:26 am

Margaret wrote:I didn't watch all of it I had to help Mum hang some pictures up in the living room so I could only see it now and again, but he seemed OK to me! I'm not aware of anything dangerous he did on track, I don't know of any drivers saying he was unsafe on track, only that they were saying he could be dangerous before they'd given him chance to prove otherwise!!

Yeah maybe you're right margaret, I don't remember exactly what they said but there was sth that Jaime can be a danger on a track cause he has no experience. But maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, it doesn't matter.
    Daphne
    Daphne
    Admin

Virgo Horse

Post by Daphne Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:19 am

Yeah, I like that everyone is so clever... dry.gif And of course those disapprove Jaime who started F1 at a young age... Button and Massa were 20 when they arrived. And they are who are so critical... dry.gif
    I think not Jaime's fault is that he hadn't tested enough before his debut. Those who don't like this fact should maybe go to Mr. Mosley to complain... Maybe the rules are wrong, not Jaime... But it seems they are too clever and experienced to admit it...
    Yeah, it's always easier to blame the rookie...
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:32 am

Daphne wrote:Yeah, I like that everyone is so clever... dry.gif And of course those disapprove Jaime who started F1 at a young age... Button and Massa were 20 when they arrived. And they are who are so critical... dry.gif
    I think not Jaime's fault is that he hadn't tested enough before his debut. Those who don't like this fact should maybe go to Mr. Mosley to complain... Maybe the rules are wrong, not Jaime... But it seems they are too clever and experienced to admit it...
    Yeah, it's always easier to blame the rookie...

Exactly and that's what Vettel said: "Blame The Rules, Not The Rookie"
    http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5450762,00.html
    Anyway shame Jaime had such a "welcome". But I'm proud of him cause he doesn't care and he just does his job!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:35 pm