Jaime Alguersuari Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Webber

Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Mark Webber Empty Mark Webber

Post by Avi Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Webber confirmed at Red Bull for 2011

Red Bull Racing announced on Monday that Mark Webber’s contract has been extended, meaning the Australian will continue to drive for the team next season. Webber, who leads the 2010 driver standings, has been with the Austrian-owned squad since 2007.

With Sebastian Vettel already contracted to Red Bull for next year, it means the team’s driver line-up will remain unchanged for the third season in a row.

“It was an easy decision to remain with Red Bull Racing,” said Webber, 33. “We began talking very early this year and were in a position to sign by the Barcelona Grand Prix. The decision to extend for a further year was a mutual one; it’s widely known that I’m not interested in hanging around in Formula One just for the sake of it and at this stage of my career, I’m happy to take one year at a time.

“I continue to feel very comfortable here - I have a fantastic relationship with the whole team and the factory at Milton Keynes feels like home. It’s been incredible to be part of the team as it’s moved forward from a mid-field competitor to one that is challenging for the championship. I hope we experience more success together in the future and achieve our ultimate goal of winning the world championship.”

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner added: “The decision to retain Mark was very straightforward. He is an important member of our team and is currently in the best form of his career, as the current leader of the drivers’ championship. The team is extremely happy that the driver pairing of Mark and Sebastian will remain unchanged for a third season in 2011.”

Source: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/6/10874.html

At least now, noone will be saying that Vettel gets a bigger support cos it's not sure if Webber gets a new contract! I think it's great he will stay in Red Bull (anyway it's my opinion) cos I like them both...and apart of few expections, they cooperate quite well....and it can be interesting to see team mates both fighting for the championship!!

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:13 am