Jaime Alguersuari Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Jaime reserve driver of Red Bull Racing

Daphne
    Daphne
    Admin

Virgo Horse

Jaime reserve driver of Red Bull Racing Empty Jaime reserve driver of Red Bull Racing

Post by Daphne Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:47 am

Alguersuari becomes Red Bull reserve

Reigning British Formula 3 champion Jaime Alguersuari will take over Red Bull reserve duties from Brendon Hartley from the German Grand Prix.

The 19-year-old Spaniard will be available to deputise if any of the Red Bull or Toro Rosso drivers are sidelined, and will work with the teams at Formula 1 weekends.

A team statement said that the move was part of Red Bull's development plan for the duo, who are both part of its young driver scheme.

"With the ban on in-season testing, Red Bull views the appointment of a third driver as part of its Young Driver training programme, allowing a driver to follow all activities of the F1 teams over a race weekend, attending technical briefings and listening in on the pit to car radio conversations," said a team statement.

"Having benefited from this experience over the first half of the year, Hartley will now concentrate on his own racing programme in the European F3 series."

Alguersuari, who was teamed with Harley at Carlin Motorsport in British F3 last season, is currently competing in the Formula Renault 3.5 Series. Although his F1 mileage has so far been limited to straightline tests and demonstration events, he already has a superlicence thanks to his F3 title.

Hartley did not receive his superlicence in time for the start of the F1 season, so retired Red Bull driver David Coulthard was the official reserve until the Spanish GP.
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Jaime reserve driver of Red Bull Racing Empty Re: Jaime reserve driver of Red Bull Racing

Post by Avi Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:24 am

Yeah, I heard it.....and that's a veeerry great news for Jaime and us!!! woohoo :jump: :cute: Hope he'll get his chance and he'll use it!!! :gdluck: I'll keep my fingers crossed for him :gdluck: like always lol!

Anyway, thanks for posting it Daphne!!!! :thanks:
    Daphne
    Daphne
    Admin

Virgo Horse

Jaime reserve driver of Red Bull Racing Empty Re: Jaime reserve driver of Red Bull Racing

Post by Daphne Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:30 am

You're welcome, Avi Very Happy
    I'm also glad for this news, it's great! A great chance for him to reach his dream Very Happy Maybe next year STR will compete with Buemi and Jaime Razz I would be extremely happy Very Happy
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:19 am

Daphne wrote:You're welcome, Avi Very Happy
    I'm also glad for this news, it's great! A great chance for him to reach his dream Very Happy Maybe next year STR will compete with Buemi and Jaime Razz I would be extremely happy Very Happy

Yeah I really hope he'll use his chance....cause he deserves it!! He's so talented and it would be great if he could proove his talent in f1!Wink :gdluck: to Jaime!
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:15 pm

Here you have an interview with Jaime:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76636

Q & A with Jaime Alguersuari

By Steven English Wednesday, July 1st 2009, 10:15 GMT

Jaime Alguersuari will take over Red Bull Formula 1 reserve duties with immediate effect, and while in the days of the testing ban that will not mean he will get to drive the car, he still believes he has moved a big step closer to an F1 drive, as he told AUTOSPORT.

Q. What does being reserve driver for Red Bull and Toro Rosso mean for you, given that you won't be testing the car?

Jaime Alguersuari: We all need some in experience in Formula 1, whatever it is. Testing in F1 is not much at the minute but anyway I think it's a good position to start with, to learn as much as I can from the F1 drivers and the team for next year and for the future.

The main objective this year is just to learn as much as possible, and of course I would like to test in the car after the season. At the end of the year there are still not many days of testing, maybe just three or four, not much. But any time you can have is good, that's what you want.

I will be going to the grands prix and, ok I don't drive the car there but you can still learn at the track. You spend the weekend with the team; watching, learning, working with them. You can experience the weekend and mentally put yourself in the car, so it's a good position to be in. And I feel like I have done well to deserve this opportunity in F3 and World Series.

Q. How has this season been going in Formula Renault 3.5?

JA: It's going quite well to be honest. Last year in Formula 3 the standard of the drivers was very good, but we were all rookies - so we didn't know everything, we made mistakes, and you could make a big difference. Now I am in a championship where a lot of the drivers have been three or four years in the series. They know the system, the tyres, the car, everything - and they have been doing it so long they don't really make mistakes.

So it's very tough to be at the front for a rookie. But still I have always been fast and competitive, I was leading at the first race at Barcelona until there was a problem with the fuel pump. For one reason or another we couldn't have a win yet, but we are always fast at the front and there are still six rounds to go. I'm not worried about the championship, there has been no one person outstanding out front of all the others, so it's still catchable.

Q. What is your plan for next season?

JA: My main objective and aim is to be as a race driver at Toro Rosso, this would be for me the best. It's going to be tough, also because there is not much testing to do. But once you get to F1, everything changes - we have seen that with guys like Sebastien Buemi and Sebastian Vettel.

My main goal is to get to learn in F1; to develop as a driver there, because it's the best place to learn. You have seen drivers start in Formula 1 very young, they learn there and get better, and I think that's what you want to do. Like Fernando Alonso, he started at Minardi at, what, 21? He learned there, he moved to Renault where he was still learning and he won championships there. Now you can look at guys like Vettel who are doing the same.

I think it is the philosophy of Red Bull to give drivers a chance to do that, and I think that's the best philosophy too. You see what Buemi has done, and what Vettel has been able to do, and it gives you a lot of confidence and motivation that you could do the same. You just have to trust in Red Bull and try to show them that you deserve a chance, and earn it. To be the reserve driver for Red Bull and Toro Rosso is very positive and for me it's just the first part of it.
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:17 pm

Oooh and just one more article if anyone wants to read it. Wink

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/07/07/jaime-alguersuari-meet-the-rookies/
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:51 am

The next article about Jaime and his expectation for 2010.

Alguersuari eyes 2010 STR race seat

By Steven English
    Wednesday, July 1st 2009, 10:14 GMT

Jaime AlguersuariJaime Alguersuari is targeting a 2010 race seat with Scuderia Toro Rosso after being confirmed as reserve driver for both Red Bull teams today.

The 19-year-old Spaniard became the youngest ever British Formula 3 champion last year and is racing in the Formula Renault 3.5 championship this season. Although his reserve driver role will not include any test outings during the season, Alguersuari hopes it is the first step to him following fellow Red Bull Junior Sebastien Buemi into a race drive.

"My main objective [for 2010] is to be a race driver at Toro Rosso," Alguersuari told AUTOSPORT. "It's going to be tough and there is not much testing to do. But once you get to F1, everything changes - we have seen that with guys like Sebastien Buemi and Sebastian Vettel."

Alguersuari believes drivers benefit from getting into Formula 1 as young as possible, and is hopeful that he can earn an opportunity with Red Bull.

"My main goal is to get to learn in F1; to develop as a driver there, because it's the best place. You have seen drivers start in F1 very young, they learn there and get better. Like Fernando Alonso, he started at Minardi at, what, 21? He learned there, he moved to Renault where he was still learning and he won championships there. Now you can look at guys like Vettel who are doing the same.

"I think it is the philosophy of Red Bull to give young drivers a chance to do that. You see what Buemi has done, and what Vettel has been able to do, and it gives you a lot of confidence and motivation that you could do the same. You just have to trust in Red Bull and try to show them that you deserve a chance, and earn it.

"To be the reserve driver for Red Bull and Toro Rosso is very positive and for me it's just the first part of it."

Source:
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76635
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:57 am

Okay...guys. I've got some news!!!!! Maybe we'll see Jaime driving in f1 sooner than we think!Razz There are some rumours that Bourdais is leaving soon.
    Unfortunetly I doubt if STR wants to have two newbies in theirs cars.

Read it:

"Meanwhile my Italian colleagues are telling me that Sunday will be the last Grand Prix for Sebastien Bourdais at Toro Rosso. There have been persistent rumours that the Frenchman is on thin ice, but Bourdais denied them today, “What can I say? I haven’t received any notice from the team that this is my last race so as far as I am concerned it is still a rumour,” he said.

Apparently it is not a rumour, it is a fact and he will be replaced by the recently installed reserve driver Jaime Alguersuari."

Here you've got the whole article: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/07/willis-leaves-red-bull-mid-season/
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 am

Next article! It looks like Jaime is not much excited of everything what happens in STR and that's good!Smile

Alguersuari claims 2009 F1 debut 'possible'

Mon 06 Jul, 10:31 AM

Jaime Alguersuari's Formula One debut could occur earlier than 2010, according to the latest speculation in Spain.

From this weekend's German Grand Prix, the teenager is Red Bull's new reserve driver for both energy drink-owned teams, and he recently indicated he is targeting a full time Toro Rosso seat in 2010.

But he has also admitted to the sports newspaper AS that a debut within the remaining nine races of this season is ‘a possibility’.

"The possibility exists, but they haven't said anything to me," Alguersuari, 19, said.

"I believe it is more realistic to think about taking this step next year. I believe I would need many more kilometres and experience to race in F1, so the best thing would be to arrive well prepared next year.

"If I could decide right now what to do I would say 2010, although a lot of things can happen," said Alguersuari, the reigning British F3 champion who is contesting the 2009 World Series by Renault.

Source: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06072009/13/alguersuari-claims-2009-f1-debut-possible.html
    Daphne
    Daphne
    Admin

Virgo Horse

Post by Daphne Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:02 am

His way of thinking about F1 is so realistic and logical. He knows what he's able to do and he's determined enough. Very good. I can't wait till 2010. lol! I'm almost sure that he can have the opportunity to be the driver of the team Very Happy
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:52 am

Yeah I'm impressed of his maturity. And I totally agree with his point of view. That's why I can't wait till 2010 too!!! :cute: cmon Next year seems to be veeery exciting!!! :cute:
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:07 am

Next article:

Fresh doubts over Bourdais' future

By Jonathan Noble
    Friday, July 10th 2009, 17:17 GMT

Sebastien BourdaisScuderia Toro Rosso has refused to deny mounting speculation that Sebastien Bourdais is facing the axe from the team after this weekend's German Grand Prix.

The Frenchman has endured a disappointing campaign, having not made the step forward that the team had been hoping for from a second-year driver.

And unless there is a dramatic turnaround in his fortunes at the Nurburgring this weekend, it is understood that the team will move to replace him for the Hungarian Grand Prix.

It is believed that favourite to land the seat alongside Sebastien Buemi is newly promoted reserve driver Jaime Alguersuari - even though he has very limited Formula 1 experience.

Toro Rosso team principal Franz Tost would not be drawn on the questions about Bourdais' future, or if Alguersuari was in contention to step up to a race seat.

"We do not comment on rumours that are started in the media," said Tost, in a comment that falls short of being a denial.

Although British Formula 3 champion Alguersuari does not have much F1 experience, the opportunity of stepping up to a race seat now would at least give him the chance to learn ahead of a full campaign in 2010. The in-season testing ban currently in place gives no other opportunity for young drivers to test, so the only way to get mileage is actually on grand prix weekends.

Bourdais himself has denied any knowledge of his drive being under threat, despite the speculation that emerged in the French press earlier this week.

"This rumour has been around since the middle of last season," Bourdais told AUTOSPORT. "What can I say? I haven't received any notice from the team that this is my last race so as far as I am concerned it is still a rumour.

"I've got a job to do and that's what I've got to concentrate on. I can't control what people say or where it is coming from. It's very unfortunate but there's nothing we can do about it. Someone puts it out and now it is all over the place."

Bourdais is not the only driver who could be replaced for Hungary, with sources suggesting that Renault will likely move to replace Nelson Piquet for the Budapest race as well.

The Brazilian has failed to score a single point so far this year and should he be dropped then favourite to stand in alongside Fernando Alonso is reserve driver and GP2 Series leader Romain Grosjean.
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:18 am

Next article:

Jaime Alguersuari to debut in F1 at the 2009 Hungarian Grand Prix?

According to reports from Spanish media, young Spaniard driver Jaime Alguersuari will debut in Formula 1 at the wheel of a Toro Rosso STR4 at the upcoming 2009 Hungarian Grand Prix, scheduled for July 26.

It’s suggested that the 19-year-old Spaniard will replace Sebastien Bourdais who it’s likely to dispute his last Grand Prix this weekend in Germany.

Spanish newspaper As, also reports that Alguersuari has been granted at least two Grand Prix weekends.

The official announcement is expected on Monday.

Source: http://www.formula1news.net/jaime-alguersuari-to-debut-in-f1-at-the-2009-hungarian-grand-prix/

And if you can speak Spanish, here you have the articles in Spanish:
    http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=628382&idseccio_PK=1269
    http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=629012&idseccio_PK=1269
    Daphne
    Daphne
    Admin

Virgo Horse

Post by Daphne Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:31 am

Hehe I hope so Razz
    It would be great if he could have his first ever F1 race in my country Razz Like Kubica and Vettel did Very Happy (I mean, Vettels second race, but first with STR Razz)
    Avi
    Avi
    Admin

Gemini Cat

Post by Avi Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:08 am

GP Hungary seems to be pretty important for young drivers! And really hope Jaime will try his best and show everyone who didn't know him how amazing driver he is! I guess it can be quite difficult in Toro Rosso but I think if he finishes the race it'll be success too....cause we shouldn't forget he had no chance to drive this car this year. But anyway I'm sooooooo excited of next gp Hungary!!!!
    I can't wait to see Jaime on track!!! :cutie3:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:49 pm